Rent and Money Matters


Rent Card

At our office with cash, cheque or credit/debit card.

By Post

By cheque which should be made payable to Wirral Methodist Housing Association. Please make sure your name and address are written on the back.

Post Office Payment Card

These can be requested from our offices which will allow you to pay your rent at any Post Office.

Standing Order

If you have a bank account, you can arrange to have regular payments made straight to us from your account. You will need to fill out a form telling your bank when to make the payments and how much to pay. Contact our Housing Department for a form.

Card Payments

You can pay over the telephone or in the office by debit or credit card.

Housing Benefit

If you are claiming Housing Benefit, you can choose to have the council pay the money direct to us. All you need to do is tick the box on your Housing Benefit application form.

Wirral Methodist Housing Association are verfiying officers for Housing Benefit and can help you with your Housing Benefit Claim.

Universal Credit

If you are receiving help towards your rent by Universal Credit this will be paid direct to you and arrangements need to be made to pay your rent by one of the methods above.

If your account is substantially in arrears we will apply for an Alternative Payment Arrangement which means the Department of Works and Pensions will pay the rent element direct to us.

Don’t Forget

Housing related benefit in the form of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit does not always cover the full amount of your rent. If you are not entitled to have all of your rent paid, you are responsible for paying the difference. You can pay this amount in any of the ways described on this page. If you prefer to pay your rent by cheque, please remember to write your address and tenancy number on the back of the cheque and post it to your local office.