Compliments, Concerns and Complaints

text box

Giving Your Feedback

Whether it be positive or something we need to improve on, we welcome your feedback. It allows us to know what we are getting right and what we need to do better.

If you have received particularly good service, a member of staff has gone the extra mile or you are overall happy in your home, please do let us know. You can do this by emailing [email protected] or calling 0151 647 5471.

You can also use the feedback form.

Sometimes, however we don’t get it right and we would like to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Please read below to find out more about how you can make a complaint.


What is a Complaint?

A ‘complaint’ is an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action. Tenants are encouraged to give feedback when they are not satisfied with the service they have received.

When you make a complaint, we will make sure we understand what you want us to do right from the start.

What isn’t a complaint?

There are some things we can’t deal with through our complaints process. These include:

  • Requests for services – for example when you first report a repair or make us aware of any neighbour nuisance you’re experiencing. You can report these issues by phoning 0151 647 5471 or [email protected]
  • Appeals or disputes for decisions made under other policies, procedures or processes
  • Issues that are in court or have already been heard by a court or a tribunal
  • Complaints about staff members that would usually be handled using our existing Huma Resources processes
  • Insurance claims that would normally be covered by your home contents insurance
  • If other procedures or rights of appeal can help you resolve your concerns, we will give information and advice to help you.

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint. The procedure is also open to people who may be acting on a complainant’s behalf, such as a friend or family member, advocate, councillor, board member, committee member, Member of Parliament, advice agency or solicitor. If someone else is making the complaint on your behalf, we will usually need your written permission to reply to them.

Who can help me with my complaint?

When we receive your complaint, we will work with you to put things right when we are at fault, and we will treat all complaints fairly and confidentially. If you have any questions or concerns about the way your comment or complaint will be handled, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to help you.

If you prefer to talk about your concerns to someone outside of Wirral Methodist Housing Association, there are a number of organisations who can help you for free such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.

If I need help with making a complaint and need help can you assist me?

When considering complaints from people with protected characteristics, the Association will make reasonable adjustments where necessary. This is to minimise barriers for people to ensure that our complaints service is accessible, and appropriately tailored (with reasonable adjustments where necessary) to the individual needs of residents.

How long do I have to make a complaint?

Usually, you must make your complaint within six months of:

• The event you wish to complain about, or

• Finding out that you have a reason to complain.

In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit, within 12 months period after the event.  If you feel that the time limit should not apply to your complaint, please tell us why.

How can I make a complaint?

  • Email us: [email protected]
  • Using the website www.wmhaltd.org.uk
  • Call us: 0151 647 5471
  • Speak to a member of staff, or Scheme Manager
  • Write to us
  • Request a visit by appointment.

Alternatively, please fill out the form below and you will receive an acknowledgement within 5 working days

Your complaint or compliment

Quick guide to our complaints process

When things go wrong, we will always try to put it right as soon as possible.

We have a two stage complaints process so we can resolve your complaint quickly. We will keep you informed about who is handling your complaint, how to contact them, what will happen next and by when.

If we can’t respond within the timescales we have promised, we will let you know why, and when we will respond to you in full.
About our complaints process:

About our complaints process

Stage One –   

When you choose this type of complaint, we assume you want a thorough investigation and are prepared to wait for a properly considered response. The investigation can take up to 10 working days and is overseen by a manager

  • You will receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 working days
  • Confirming our understanding of the complaint and the outcomes you are seeking.
  • If we are unclear on complaint we ask for further clarification this will be agreed between both parties.
  • We will set expectations where a desired outcome is unreasonable or unrealistic.
  • We will confirm your rights around representation and the ombudsman.
  • We will confirm the timelines involved at this stage.
  • We will investigate your complaint fully
  • We will reply to your complaint in writing


Stage two: Senior Manager Review

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact us within 10 working days from the date of our response letter and let us know why and what we can do to resolve the problem.

A Senior Manager will reassess your complaint and reply in writing within 15 working days of the request being received.

The Housing Ombudsman Service

Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at any time in the process. The Ombudsman’s dispute resolution team may contact the association on your behalf and ask us to engage with you.

You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at:

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9GE
Telephone: 0300 111 3000
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk